The first thing you need to do when you have been in an car accident is to remain calm. Even minor accidents are upsetting. They can certainly rattle your nerves. Focus on the situation. Pull together as much information as you can. The more information you are able to provide to the insurance company, the more likely your car insurance claim will be able to be processed quickly and easily.
To make your claim, you will need to provide the following information
- -Insurance policy number.
- -Driver’s license number.
- -Vehicle registration information.
- -A description of the incident (where it happened, when, who else was involved).
- -Details of injuries suffered by anyone involved, if any.
- -Identification information on everyone involved in the incident, including passengers (name, contact information, driver’s license numbers, vehicle license number, insurance information).
- -Names and contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- -Police information, if any, such as the accident report, name and contact information of the officer(s).
Gather as much of this information as you can, understanding that you are in a stressful situation. As soon as you are safe and can do so, contact your insurance broker. Your broker will be able to help you through the process of making your claim and getting you back to normal driving as soon as possible.