Identity Theft doesn’t just happen in the movies…
Video source: Royal Canadian Mounted Police
If someone steals your identity, you may have to:
- prove who you are
- restore your credibility and your financial stability
- face lawsuits even if you didn’t commit the act.
Not only do you lose money and your credit rating, you may also lose months trying to get your life back to normal.
Protecting what’s important to you
If you’re a victim of identity theft, it’s critical to get your life back on track as quickly as possible.
Identity theft coverage can help by providing :
- access to a legal assistance helpline
- reimbursement for the costs associated with restoring your identity, such as:
- enhanced credit card and automated teller protection
- lost wages
- notary costs for affidavits and documents.
We’re here to help.
We recommend you purchase identity theft coverage as we believe it’s worth the small cost (as little as $3/month) for the added protection it provides.
Contact us at to add identity theft coverage to your policy today, or send us an email to let us know how to contact you.
Minimize The Risk
While you probably can’t prevent identity theft entirely, you can minimize your risk.
By managing your personal information wisely, cautiously and with an awareness of the issue, you can help guard against identity theft.
Read more about the impact of identity theft and how you can minimize the risk from the RCMP and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center:
Additional protection you may be interested in: